Library services are available at both City and Hills Campus.
The library lending service is free and available to all students undertaking subjects for credit. The library is there for your benefit so please take care of the books you borrow and return promptly so other students may also benefit from our resources. Library facilities include computers with internet access on the Windows platform equipped with Office products (Word, Excel, etc.). There are also scanners, copiers and printers available for student use (see conditions below).
Please do not ask Library or Reception staff or any other area of the church for your personal stationery needs (pens, highlighters, scissors, notebooks, etc.).
We suggest you purchase a small pencil case from the local supermarket or news agency, at the beginning of the semester and fill it with any stationary you may need such as a stapler, pens, pencils, highlighters, scissors, notebooks, etc.
Food and drinks are not permitted in the Library. Please respect other students’ desire to study in a peaceful and clean environment.
Hours (during the semester)
The library is closed during Chapel, Hillsong Men and Sisterhood, church, and all-campus activities. Library hours will be posted at the commencement of each semester. Library hours are 9am-5pm, however as we build a volunteer team (which you could be involved in) the hours will expand to include evenings. Summer hours vary depending on need and volunteers available for the Hills Campus. There are no summer hours for the City Campus or Phoenix Campus.
The number of books permitted for borrowing is ten (both campuses): this is displayed in the library borrowing area. Students will receive emails when their books are borrowed, due, and weekly if overdue. The general length of borrowing is two weeks. For degree students, it is four weeks. Books can be renewed up to 2 times, and renewals must be done before the books are due. Otherwise, students will need to come into the library.
- Students can borrow items only on their own personal student’s card.
- Reference books (from the shelves marked “Reference” and “Not for Loan”) may NOT be borrowed or taken from the Library.
- Books awaiting ‘return’ and ‘processing’ may not be removed from work area without permission of Library Desk attendant.
- No books may be removed from the Library premises without first having been processed by the Librarian/assistant/practicum student/volunteer.
- City Campus: Students are required to scan their books back into the library system when they return and then place the books on the return trolley.
- Hills Campus: Books must be returned to returns box inside the library during library opening hours. Please do not leave returns on the desk or place on “Re-shelving trolley” this is for books used while in the library only.
- Phoenix Campus: Students are required to scan their books back into the library system when they return and then place the books on the return trolley.
Fines apply for overdue books. Fines accrue at the rate of $1.00 per day per item. Once the total amount reaches $30/per resource the existing fine will be changed to a replacement fee if the book is valued above $30. If it is not, the fine will remain as the $30 late fine. If the borrower returns the resource, the replacement fee will be reverted to the $30 late fine. Borrowing will be suspended until overdue items are returned, and fines exceeding $25.00 are paid. All library fines and books must be paid and returned in order for a student to be eligible to graduate.
If loans are not returned within this 30-day working period, the item is considered lost, and the student will be billed for the replacement of the book as well as for fines and processing fees. All lost book costs must be paid before Graduation.
Every student undertaking studies for credit can gain access to computer facilities/internet in the library. This is completely free of charge.
The College reserves the right to withhold computer use from students who have been deemed to be using the facility in an unhealthy and inappropriate manner.
Keys for the Mac Lab (TV students only) can be requested from the TV stream
trainers in order to access the Mac Lab for editing.
Printing and Photocopying
All printing and photocopying are free for Hillsong College students undertaking studies for credit. Please be mindful of excess paper usage by printing double
sided when possible and test printing/photocopying large documents.
Scanning documents to send to your email address
Scanning documents to send to your email address on the main library Printer is free for all Hillsong College students undertaking studies for credit.